Axcelasia Taxand Sdn Bhd is a member of Taxand, a global organisation of independent tax advisory firms consisting of 400 tax partners and over 2,000 tax advisors in 46 countries. Axcelasia Taxand remains an independent firm, and does not share profits and losses with the other Taxand member firms. However, we are able to leverage on Taxand's large existing client base as we work with other Taxand member firms in servicing their clients. Furthermore, we are also able to connect our clients with Taxand member firms, should they require comprehensive international tax advice in relation to their international or regional operations.
Being a specialist tax advisory firm made up of highly specialised dedicated professionals serving specific client interests, our clients can be assured of our commitment towards providing the highest level of service excellence rendered with utmost integrity at all times. Tax consultancy is what we do and all that we do, and we do it well.
Our people who have all had extensive experience working with major professional firms are able to leverage on such experience towards delivering the highest quality of service on a timely basis. We pride ourselves in being able to assist clients in structuring business transactions to optimise tax efficiency whilst meeting business goals.
Our understanding of the operations of our clients puts us in an enviable position to advise on business structures which optimise tax benefits for clients. Our involvement in the implementation process can only ensure that the recommended plan structure is effectively executed.
Our Tax Advisory services encompass the following areas:
We advise on all aspects of corporate tax such as income tax, real property gains tax and stamp duty. As part of our services, we advise on corporate structures, corporate reorganisations, tax incentives and assist in seeking advance rulings. We also carry out customary due diligence and risk assessment reviews.
Our services include:
- Identifying and advising on tax issues associated with corporate structures and business plans
- Assistance during corporate reorganisations
- Advice on how to take full advantage of tax incentives
- Tax reviews and identification of tax savings
- Due diligence
- Assistance in seeking Advance Rulings
- Risk assessment reviews
We also advise on the tax affairs of individuals. Such services include structuring tax effective remuneration packages for our clients, advising our clients on performance share plans and/or share option schemes, reviewing our clients' payroll arrangements, and advising them on tax equalisation, and other employer and employee compliance obligations.
Our services include the following:
- Structuring tax effective remuneration packages
- Advising on share plans/share option schemes
- Payroll reviews
- Advising on inbound and outbound employment structures, tax equalisation and other related matters including employer and employee compliance obligations
In order to cater to the cross-border tax needs of our clients, we also provide international tax advisory services relating to holding and financing structures, intellectual property and royalty streams, mergers and acquisitions, real estate investments, in-bound and outbound investments, as well as issues arising from double tax treaties. We leverage on our association with fellow members of the Taxand Global Organisation so as to provide the necessary service and solutions.
Our international tax services include advising on:
- Holding and financing structures
- Intellectual property and royalty planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Transfer pricing
- Real estate investments
- Inbound and outbound investments and selected tax issues
- Double tax treaties
Transfer pricing impacts every aspect of the supply chain. We assist clients on the compliance and reporting obligations of transfer pricing rules and regulations. We assist in carrying out transfer pricing studies so as to arrive at a range of accepted pricing points for intercompany transactions among related entities. We also assist in planning and structuring, compliance as well as in controversy management.
Our Service Offering
Planning & Structuring
- Conceptualising and implementing policies
- Reviewing Transfer Pricing structures
- Tax efficient supply chain structuring of transactions
- Intra-group services and agreements
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Tax planning benchmarks
- Cost sharing, licensing and intangibles
- Global benchmarking solutions
- Functional and industry analysis
- Economic analysis
- Documentation compliance
- Audit representation before tax authorities
- Alternate dispute resolution
GST and indirect tax
Businesses are confronted with various indirect tax issues, including the impact of GST. We assist our clients to manage risks and minimise cost by providing GST advisory services, GST “Health checks”, review of existing arrangements and indirect tax optimisation, assistance on GST and other indirect tax implications on specific transactions, liaison with tax authorities to clarify issues and/or to seek rulings and undertake due diligence reviews.
Our services include:
- GST implementation and advisory services
- GST “health checks”
- Specialised assistance, advice and guidance on GST and other indirect tax implications on specific transactions as well as on complex cross-border transactions
- Review of existing arrangements and indirect tax optimization
- Liaison with the tax authorities to clarify issues and/or to seek customs rulings
- Due diligence
We provide a full range of tax compliance and related services as follows:
- Preparation of tax returns for corporations
- Preparation of tax returns for individuals, as well as for trust bodies, partnerships and other taxable persons
- Assistance in tax audits, tax investigations and dispute resolution
- Tax risk and documentation reviews
Tax knowledge management
A critical issue in any organisation today is the need to be informed and to be kept abreast of current tax developments. This has become vital in making sound business decisions.
Our regular interaction with the authorities as well as our involvement within the main professional bodies and business associations enables us to keep up-to-date with the current practices and thinking of the tax authorities.
Our knowledge management services include:
- Tax training workshops and seminars
- Customised tax training sessions
- Delivering news on tax developments
- The knowledge management services cover all aspects of taxation including corporate tax, individual tax, GST, etc.